Agile Project planning is collaborative and involves the team in the planning and decision making process. For any agile project to be successful, project managers and team members alike must have a thorough understanding of estimation and planning tools and techniques. While the agile process is flexible and adapts itself to change, accurate and reliable planning is still possible within the framework of the agile methodology.
Our one day course in Agile Estimation and Planning will give you a solid base in agile iteration planning, and aid you in understanding various estimation tools that support iterative processes. Proper use of these tools and techniques will help accomplish tasks smoothly and complete the project successfully, with measurable savings on both time and resources.
Using real-world examples gleaned from experience, our trainers will help you understand agile estimating and planning practices and how they work. Participants will leave the workshop with new insights and attitudes, and will be able to prove themselves through significantly improved project completion results back at their workplace.
- The purpose of planning
- How to estimate size and time requirements
- Units of estimation
- Techniques for estimating and planning
- Re-estimation procedures
- Sprint planning
- Release and iteration planning
- Final tips and techniques
- Get an introduction to Agile methods
- Traditional planning and estimating vs the Agile methods
- How to implement Agile estimating and planning principles
- Work with the Agile Lifecycle Diagram
- Learn about Affinity Sizing, Poker Planning, Complexity Buckets, and Ideal Days
- Learn about re-estimation and calibration processes
- Real- world case studies and examples
- Release and Iteration planning
- Earn 8 PDUs/ 8 SEUs (Scrum Educational Units. Earn 70 SEUs and become a Certified Scrum Professional!)
- Hard copy of courseware
Anyone involved in estimating or planning projects using Agile methodology, such as programmers, testers, project managers and members of delivery teams will find this course beneficial.